Facebook Account Temporarily Locked Solution and Verification Now Made Easy

Recently i updated you with my personal experience on how my facebook account was locked and i restored it with the help of my mobile device. I also recall sharing with you some things that could lead to a facebook account been locked and how to prevent it.

Now, it seems to me that solution to restoring or unlocking a locked facebook account differs but based on accounts i have helped in opening, the solutions were quite easy. Ok, let me aid or help you in unblocking your fb account using this simple methods

STEPS:

When signed into your locked account, the first message you see is:

facebook account security lock

If you are unable to properly view the writings in the above image it is stated thus:

Your Account is temporarily locked

Someone recently tried to log into your account from an unrecognized device or location. Please verify if it was you who tried to log in.

Now below that writing, click on Continue.

You are directed to a facebook security alert check where you are required to type into a box a code that will be supplied to you. Type in the code correctly and click continue.

After that you will be asked to review recent activity on your account that lead to its locking, here is an example of what it looks like:

facebook account locked recovery solution

All you need do is to click This is Okay to save yourself from other questions and if you think someone else really tried accessing your account, simply change your password after your account has been restored.

Please Note: This worked for accounts i unlocked using my mobile device, you might want to stick to that too to make the verification process easier. Also, some accounts recovery systems are based on you been asked the date of birth you used on your facebook profile.

Do you want to know possible reasons why your account is been locked? You can check out my post on facebook account locked, causes and how to prevent this, that could help you know.

Need any more help or solution pertaining to your facebook account? Kindly Post A Comment.

Need Further Updates Via Email? Please Enter your email address:

Please remember to navigate to your email address and confirm your subscription,Its very important.

About Adeniyi Samuel

Adeniyi Samuel who is the CEO at TechYan blog is a blogger who loves blogging and enjoys what he does, he loves teaching what he knows and sometimes talks too much ;), You can follow him on twitter via @trueinternet

Comments

1. Anonymous says:

pls i want 2 know if there's anyway one can know online frienz on faceboook using operamini on fone

2. trueinternetworld says:

If you friends are surfing facebook using operamini they won't appear online unless they are using facebook chat messenger, ebuddy, nimbuzz or other mobile applications that support facebook chat

3. Anonymous says:

Hi can u plz help me my facebook account is been temporarily locked.. N they are asking me for secret answer…. where my mother was born i never put any secret answer what should i do plz help :(

4. trueinternetworld says:

Am sure you were given other verification option to choose from, try choosing a more simplier one but am quite sure you or someone must have fixed a secret answer

5. To think, I was confused a miunte ago.

6. I’m temporarily locked out of my account and it seems the ONLY way they’ll allow me to have it back is by confirming a code they sent to a mobile device. Problem is I haven’t had that number for at least a year now so I go to the whole submit gov’t id thing. I’ve uploaded multiple pictures of my drivers license and they haven’t unlocked it or even emailed me about it.

7. HEY CAN U PLESDE EMAIL ME I NEED HLP IVE TRIED IT ALL AND STILL NO LUCK….69LILENVY@GMAIL.COM ..THNKS N GODBLESD

• please do ask your questions here and i will answer you here.

• My facebook account is temporarily locked. I was asked to reset my pasword and i did exactly as they asked. But I cant remember the security answers. How can i recover my facebook security answers?

• By mistake my account was removed from my email I’d & new a/c got activated. Can I get my previous a/c?

• Ranjana says:

Please help me. I jst want my original account back. Please sir.

• Ranjana says:

Sir, my friend can see my old profile but whenevr I try to log in I log into a a/c which got activated by mistake. Sir when that new a/c got activated I got a msg from facebook that your a/c has been removed from ur number. Now in d new a/c I can see my old profile in d list of “people u may know”. I get all mails regarding notifications on my email I’d but even if I try to log in from dat link I log into dat new a/c only.

• Then log out of the new account completely and try logging to the old account again.

• Ranjana says:

I tried several times. even I deactivated the new account but still I am not able to log into the previous one. Even i tried to follow the link from the emails regarding notifications but still i end up logging into the new account only. Cant understand what is to be done. Please help me out.

• when you ordinarily tried accessing your old account without following the notification link, what error did you encounter?

• Yeah sure, facebook wont totally forget your previous confirmed email.

• Ranjana says:

But how to retrieve my account back? I receive my notifications alerts on my yahoo I’d but not able to connect to my account. Please help me out.

• What error do you usually encounter when you try logging in?

• Ranjana says:

Whenever I try to log in I log into a new account. Where my details are not shown, not even profile pic. But My friends can see my previous a/c. & in d list of known people I can see my previous a/c.

• Am sorry Ranjana but i think i am now kinda confused with your question, do you mind making me understand?

• Ranjana says:

Whenever i tried logging ito my account with my old password, i get, “you have entered old password” and then they send a code to my email ID but after when I log in with that code I log into my new account only. Sir all the details for both the accounts are same thats why I am not able to access my previous account.

8. Brandon Noble says:

Hey it never gave me that map thing it justy goes right to the security question thing and the thing is I didn't make the security question its asking?

9. askin me to identify frnds
    nd evn dn its nt wrkin

10. i enc0untered the same problem, do i still have the chance to have an access to my account again?

11. Plzz unlocl my facebook id

12. parveen goel says:

My facebook account is not working,when i opened it,its show a massage that verify the photo,but i can not verify that pictures, i know about my Date of Birth in my facebook account,please help me and give me the solution,how i reopen my id,its urgent,my gmail id is parveenfriend@gmail.com,my contact no is 9034935913

13. I have been temporarily locked for security reasons for a week now. I too have a new number so couldn’t get the code. I did manage to reset my email and password and answer my security question. Facebook sent me a message saying I had successfully verified my identity and that I could log in with my new details in 24hrs.

After 24hrs I tried to log in and I am still locked out.

I have sent emails to appeals@facebook.com, abuse@facebook.com, info@facebook.com and disabled@facebook.com EVERY day asking for a response and all I get is an automated response telling me to go to the help centre which doesn’t have a section for locked accounts!

I am tearing my hair out!! Please if anyone knows how to get a real person to respond or some other way to unlock their account can you let me know?

P.s. I have tried using 3G instead of my wifi… Didn’t work :(

Any and all help appreciated. Thanks

14. Crisjhayne Akieshira Panlilio says:

please help me, this is what happened when I login my fb :((( huhuh.
    when I try to log in this comes up -Someone May Have Accessed Your Account- what did I do?

15. my fb aacount is not working properly pls help me

16. Jumana Mp. says:

Hey, I’m facing this problem. They are sending code to my mobile number which is not in use now. And I mailed them many a times. How to get the unlock code.

17. zubair kanue anantnag kashmir india says:

Sir, my acnt was tamparly locked? When i am tryng to log into it it sayng verify ur taged photos.wht shd i do? Please tel me!

18. i have block to sending messages on facebook could you help me thanks

19. my comments are reported as spams by unknown people.because of this my comment is blocked.wht i do to recover from it please help me

20. shantisapkota says:

i am sad why lock my temporarily?

21. my accont was temporarily locked? When i am tryng to log into it it saying verify your tagged photos.wht shd i do? Please tel me!

22. Dear sir

I moved to another country and there is just one option in checkpoint to confirm my identity and it is my old phone number. At the bottom of the box there was a writing “why am I seeing that” . I clicked on that and sent a request with my government id to confirm my identity . After 5 minutes they sent me an email that we will get back to you as soon as we have processed your case to confirm my identity but I have not received any response yet after 4 days . What should I do now? Is there anything I can do to confirm my identity sooner ? or….

• Its obvious they are still working on your case, i do not think there is another way out unless there is another verification process made available to you.

• Thanks for replying me.

At least do you know how long it will take for them to get my identity confirmed?

Everything is right and shows my identity of profile. Just need their help to identify me .

• i wouldn’t know buddy but they should get on touch with you after they have clearly verified

• Thanks

• Hi my account has been temporarily locked for 3 days now, at first it asked me to identify all my friends in tagged photos which i did then same problem as you have, i dont have a mobile phone anymore i haven’t for a year i just always use my pc, but it then says i should send them copies of my ID and when i do it they say ok we will email you shortly like i said its been 3 days and i have done it more times then i can count, if anyone can help my email is m7nba@aol.com thanks in advance, i just need some sort of email address where i can reach them at it just seems like its beginning to be a lost cause

23. Hi there, I am really hoping that you can help, or give me some advice. Here is the run down.

Nearly two weeks ago, I was told by fb that they were told that I had a fake account… So then I did what they asked and tried to verify my account, by adding my mobile number. No text verification code received, even after a few attempts.
    I kept receiving emails stating that they required me to send in govt id, which I did. Numerous times. Still no answer, no email, not even acknowledging that they have received my id, which I was quite reluctant to send over the net anyway…. does anyone have any experience with this?

How long did you have to wait for either a confirmation of receipt of your id, or any kind of contact from facebook at all. What should I do now….cant believe that a social networking site (albeit free) would demand your personal identification and then not even send a formal email stating that they had received it.

Not exactly the best way to communicate. Help please…
    (btw I have also tried every help forum, site, help page, log in attempt, password rechange, mobile rechange, email contact….) I would really appreciate any kind help you could give.
    Sylph

24. Cindy Gomez says:

Hi , I Have The Same Problem As Them , I Can’t Log In To My Account Because It’s Temporarily Locked . I Answered The Photo Thingy And Said To Verify It With The Code That They Sent To My Mobile Number Which I Don’t Have It Anymore Because I Have A New Phone Number . I reset My Password Many Times But It’s Still Locked . I Email FACEBOOK But still no response . i did everything to bring back my account. but it’s still locked , i tried to open it using my phone but it didn’t work . now they said that i have to wait 30 days or more than that without doing anything . I’m the real owner of my facebook . someone just tried to open it many times with the wrong password . i also did the compromised thingy but it didn’t work also , i also sent ID to them but no response . i did everything just to bring back my account . but nothing worked . so i just need to wait facebook to unlock my account without doing anything . i’m so sad because i have all my contacts there to my family outside my country . ugh ! i also have many posers out there trying to be me . i just … ugh i hate my life now :( please help me please :(

25. My facebook id is lock please halp me unlock.

26. Hi Adeniyi. I wrote to you above, explaining my experience with this verification process. You didn’t reply which is fine….I do not expect you to know what fb are doing. However you replied to somebody above, whom had a similar issues, that “they should get in touch after they have clearly verified”.

This is not the case. In fact, that a massive social media organization can demand govt identification for any kind of purpose without even acknowledging its receipt, is quite unnerving.
    Good luck everyone, I hope that they help you soon. Or at least communicate.
    Im out.

• Hello Sylph, Please i sincerely apologize for not replying you, its due to the fact that i get a couple of mails which in most cases i leave to reply later and i forget to. Please accept my apologizes, am sincerely sorry please.

27. No problem. Thanks, and all the best.

28. my accont was temporarily locked? When i am tryng to log it saying verify your tagged photos.wht shd i do? Please tel me! am unable to find all the photos.bcz i dnt well abt my contacts in facebook.

29. my account has been blocked for 30 days due to i sent more friend requests…
    please help me….. plz tel my how can i unblock on my id im so worred

30. Mou Pakray says:

My facebook account is not working,when i opened it,its show a message that verify the photo,but i can not verify the picturs and give me the solutions…plz help me sir….

31. anonymus says:

Hi , i can’t log in to facebook from my phone since 2 days , when i tried to login from other device it said it was locked then i fixed it .. It worked in that phone .. Now i’m tryin to login from my phone , its not even showin any error ,whenever i login it just says you must login first . Can you help me ? How can i fix it ?

32. Nikhil Saran says:

its about a week,that i cant open my fb account. when i log in,it says “suspicious activity has been detected and it has been temporarily suspended as a security precation. it is likely that your account was compromised as a result of entering your password on a website designed to look like facebook.This type of attack is known as phising.”
    |And it gives the ‘continue’ option ,and when i click on it it shows me some pics and asks who has been tagged in this photo..and i don’t know who was tagged and i failed to open my account,,and it don’t shows any other way to open my account…
    | So,plzz help me if u can…:-D

33. my facebook account is account is not lock or block. but i enter the email and pasword in facebook account.facebook account go to open but after this open account then they asking the conferm your indentify the TAG picture 5. but i m known the tag picture indentify..

how i can again my active account by any source. my account is very important and have a created page .i want to active account and my page in facebook. please help me.

34. anonymous says:

I tried logging into a Facebook account I haven’t used in years only to find that I was locked out. I entered the captcha code and was redirected to page asking for my date of birth. Trouble is, I used a fake birthday and can’t remember what it was. I’ve tried identifying my accout and resetting my password, and neither worked. Help?

35. Tendesh says:

Sir, my fb account is temporarily locked. They asked me to submit my id and I submitted my id. After a few days later i got a mail from facebook saying that my account is unlocked. But it still asking me security answer n birtday which i dont remember. I also dont know which device i used to open my facebook. Can you please help me?

• try using a friends account to view your account and if your birthday date appears there, just memorize it and use it in getting your account back, hope you understand?

36. Tendesh says:

Sir, i have tried to veiw my birthday date from my friend’s account. But there is no birthday date available. My account has been locked for more than ten months. Is there any other method to unlock my account? Thank you so much.

• only if you still have information based on the account at least to prove to fb that you truly own the account, but if you have none of this, then sorry pal. you just have to move on with another and do be sincere in the new account so that you do not lose it again.

37. Tendesh says:

That account is mine that’s why i submitted my government proved id to facebook. In replied i got this mail from facebook. ”You recently reached out to us for help getting back into your Facebook account. We sent you an email a few days ago with a link to unlock your account. All you need to do is click this link and follow the steps to update any necessary account information..”
    My fb id is as same as my yahoo account where you have replied me.

38. Fantastic, I've unlocked my account, thank you very much!

39. i want to restart my account

40. RAJESH KUMAR says:

please help me
    My name is rajesh kumar
    my facebook id rajtashann@gmail.com

my facebook is block from friend request , like , comment and something alse
    how i can unblock my facebook . please help me

41. prakash paurav says:

Your account is temporarily
    locked.
    Someone recently tried to log into
    your account from an
    unrecognized device or location.
    Please verify if it was you who
    tried to log in.

42. due to f. request fb. account locked

43. Tyson Yates says:

I too have had the experience of having locked accounts.The last time they just showed pictures at random that belonged to specific friend’s accounts and I just had to place the pictures with the accounts which wasn’t made easy until about a month after I had been locked out.Facebook sure has gotten annoying over the years,

44. my account is nt getting unlocked plz will u try to unlock it…. plz … my fb id is nils6373@gmail.com………………………plz do something :(

45. Jack Li says:

Hi, my FB can’t login, because Your account has been temporarily suspended
    Suspicious activity has been detected on your Facebook account and it has been temporarily suspended as a security precaution. It is likely that your account was compromised as a result of entering your password on a website designed to look like Facebook. This type of attack is known as phishing.

but i can’t Identify photos of friends. how can i black my FB account. can you tell me other method?

my email carbonroadbikesales@gmail.com thank you

46. md.fayaz says:

please open Facebook id

47. amit parjapati says:

Hi, my FB can’t login, because Your account has been temporarily suspended

my email akparjapat@yahoo.com thank you

48. neetu parjapati says:

Hi, my FB can’t login, because Your account has been temporarily suspended

my email amitparjapati777t@yahoo.com thank you

49. neevedita says:

I’m temporarily locked out of my account and it seems the ONLY way they’ll allow me to have it back is by confirming a code they sent to a mobile device. but I don’t receive confirming code. and when I tried next time it ask this number is used too many times. AND STILL NOT RECEIVED CODE

50. I tried, both with code & without code … but problem is still there… plz help me

51. Hello,

When i try log in my facebook, here is what I get:

“For security reasons your account is temporarily locked
    If this account reflects your real name and personal information, please help us verify it.”

When I click the “Continue” tab, I am asked to upload a goverment ID. I did upload my state ID, and got an email saying that someone will verify that this is my account, and that I will be to log in again in no time. This was 5days ago. I have since then, uploaded the same ID both from my laptop and cellphone. Still no result. I even uploaded a different ID. MY ACCOUNT IS STILL LOCKED.

Note that I have been logging in from the same device for a long time.

52. The Facebook account has been locked and my birthday wishes., I do not write my real history lesson took from my account .. Please help

53. Nothing is working for me. I have changed my password several times, I have emailed them, I have reported compromised account and I have sent them my ID and NOTHING is happening :( Help please?

54. satish.poonia says:

sir ..my account not open..i not recognize my frnds tegging photo…so any other way solucation my problam…fast rply sir i so upset

55. satish.poonia says:

sir plss help me my account not open…plss fastly..i hope u do

56. jason sivaa says:

my facebook account can’t open because i was blocked for 30 day from sending a request and the 30 day is complete and my facebook did not open please show me the solution

57. munesh yadav says:

58. Pls my i wanted 2 log in 2 my fb,they temporary blocked dat i should provide my govt id but i did so the next page did not want 2 open again pls help me out.

59. sunil chouhan says:

my facebook is account is temporary locked ……………about 8 or 9 months …… plz help in out …in this problem plz do something please …………………………………..

60. sunil chouhan says:

plz sir do something ……….. try to understand …. i am suffering this problem from 8 or 9 months plz do something sir i am requesting to you sir plz do something

61. sir meri fb block hai please help me

62. pradip sapkale says:

my facebook is account is temporary locked ……………about 8 or 9 days …… plz help in out …in this problem plz do something please ……………………………

63. md belal ansari says:

me apna facebook kaise open kru mera account locked ho gya he or photo v nhi pahchan sk rha hu