UBA Visa AfriCard – A Better Alternative To PayPal Payment Method For Nigerians

Following the fact that Nigerians are not allowed to use PayPal accounts in the sense that Nigerians aren’t allowed to register for a PayPal account and having at the back of your mind that almost 90% of internet business ventures use online payments that requires Paypal as means of payment and also the use of credit card.

Quite alright, i understand that PayPal accounts can be opened and verified as a Nigerian through some sorts of ip changing method and others but that doesn’t guarantee the fact that it won’t be limited someday.

My quest to owning a PayPal account actually got me dumped by shopvcc.com when i tried buying a paypal verification card and ever since then i decided to clear my mind towards getting a verified paypal account at least for the now although i have learnt my lessons and have understood how to get and verify a paypal account.

Understanding the fact that most online business ventures that require payments via paypal also have options for payment via credit card, choosing the credit card option could really be the best alternative to paypal.

UBA AfriCard Visa

Not all visa or MasterCard credit cards issued to you from your local bank in Nigeria are accepted online as a means of payment but ever since i started paying for services and more online, UBA Africard has been the perfect solution for me.

UBA Africard was introduced to me by my friend who runs dapsonblog.com as i have always loved using the card.

Although i wouldn’t say i have paid for goods or services at every online business venture but most of the things i have always wanted to pay for, i have done so successfully via the use of my UBA Africard which is visa verified.

Most of the sites i have successfully used this card on are namecheap.com(bought a domain for a friend)godaddy.com(bought domain for a friend), hostgator.com(bought an hosting account for a client), hostwinds.com(bought hosting for one of my blog), hawkhost.com etc.

I have successfully used my UBA Africard on the above sites as a means of payment via credit card option without hustles hence, i believe its going to work for you too as long as you fill in the correct details along side sufficient funds in your account.

I need not worry about getting a PayPal account now for the sake of online payments as my UBA Africard serves as the best alternative right now.

In my subsequent posts, i will be writing on requirements to getting your own UBA Africard so stay tuned to trueinternetworld blog and enjoy :-).

1. Donatus says

i have been using this card since January and i must confess its the best
    Thanks samuel for the review

2. Cyracks says

Nice one, UBA Africard is no doubt the best online payment method currently for Nigerians. Paypal, i don’t just know what some countries have done so bad that paypal won’t accept them. Hey man, don’t you think your post has too much share buttons? Above post and below post is too much. You should remove above post. Have a nice day

1. trueinternetworld says

Thanks​ Cyracks, the two share buttons only appear on the mobile version of my blog, if you visit via pc, you will only see the share buttons below the post.

Thanks​ for checking bro. 🙂

2. ajani says

Dear sir
      am open a paypal account through uba africard, but am unable to make payment, kindly send more info on it

3. Austin Jumbo says

Good afternoon, and Happy New Year Samuel.
    Please I need your URGENT Assistance and opinion.
    I’m having problems making payments on http://www.hostgator.com with my unpersonalized UBA Africard. They keep saying they “are unable to process my credit card”.
    What i’m I doing wrong or what do I need to do?
    Thanks a lot for your time, and hope to hear from you soonest.

1. trueinternetworld says

Austin, thanks​ and i wish you the same. UBA Africard can be used in making payments on hostgator, it worked for me the last time i used it. Are you sure you filled in the correct details?

If I can pay with the UBA Visa AfriCard, can I receive money from other people in dollars over the internet? This is where I really need an alternative for pay pal. Thanks

1. Adeniyi Samuel says

From outside the country I haven’t tried it, but within the country all you need do is submit your credit card account number and ask them to pay into it.

When I melt alternative to paypal, I actually meant for payment of goods and services online.

5. Rev. Adeyemo Joel A says

I got this card UBA Africard with the hope of using it for payment for transaction outside nigeria. However, I went ahead I loaded fund into the card. But to my surprise, the first company said the card is not verified that I should return it to the issuer. The second company said that the card is not eligible. What do I do now I have loaded money into this card

1. Adeniyi Samuel says

Are you sure its the UBA Africard because it is verified by visa and has been working for me for online payments.

6. Rev. Adeyemo Joel A says

Samuel, pls which of the number in the Visa africard is the Card no? Is it the 16 digit no or which one?

1. Adeniyi Samuel says

Yes sir, the 16 digits located at the front of the card.

7. Jude says

Please give me the address and telephone number of where i can buy this UBA Africard in Lagos

1. Adeniyi Samuel says

Just visit any UBA branch office around you and request for the card pal.

8. Jane Nnad says

An informative post, thanks for sharing

9. Young Louis says

Dis is not new wit UBA cos I bank wit dem u can tansfar money though ur ATM card. U can rom ur money too buy outside nigeria and pay in naira too

kindly Leave a Reply