How To Set Up And Use DroidVPN On Android Using MTN BIS

Notice: Undefined index: multiauthor in /home/ngstuden/public_html/techyan.com/wp-content/plugins/post-layout/plugin.php on line 114

Notice: get_the_author_aim is deprecated since version 2.8.0! Use get_the_author_meta('aim') instead. in /home/ngstuden/public_html/techyan.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3828

Following one of my recent post where I had talked about MTN Blackberry BIS stopped working on PC and Android and also proffering the way forward, I think its high time I also teach on how to set up and Use DroidVPN on android phones using mtn bis or don’t you think so?

After the day MTN disabled the blackberry.net apn from browsing on other devices expect blackberry, internet browsing for most people have became rather very expensive. I know some even had to abandon their PC or android devices till when they can afford the high charges our internet service providers charge us for just little data bundles not worth the prices charged.

Well, I actually was affected but not for too long. The first day, I had to option in for glo 24hrs plan which gives only 165MB for N500. Usually I consume over 200MB in a day and that is if I did not do much surfing. So tell me, if I use 200MB per day multiplied by 30 days, that would equal to 6GB of data. Now, if I was to pay our internet service provider for 6GB data plan, I’d be paying around N8000, isn’t that expensive?

Well, let’s leave the story short as I really do not have to bother myself with that anymore. I can now browse on my android and PC using MTN BIS but with the use of VPN softwares which goes for around $6 which equals around N1000.

Before now, I received information from my sources saying that only the MTN BIS plan which costs N1500 per month works with vpn software and sticking to that, I had to option in for airtel BIS has that still works well on PC, android and Other devices. Just last night, I decided to give the MTN BIS a try on my pc using a VPN I bought with my PayPal funds and it works perfectly well on PC and guess what, I was subscribed to MTN BBC plan which costs 1000 per month. So what does that means? Obviously, any MTN BIS plan is good to go.

How To Use DroidVPN On Android Phone Using MTN Blackberry Plan

use droidvpn with mtn bis
So far based on my experience, DroidVPN is the only VPN software that I have been able to confirm working on android with mtn blackberry bis at no extra cost. Let’s move over to how we could get this working.

First things first, you need to have your android phone rooted. DroidVPN cannot work on android phones that have not be rooted. Below are some rooting tutorials we already have for some android devices.

When done with rooting your android phone successfully, Visit www.droidvpn.com/signup.php and register an account.

Remember to validate your account with the correct email address you filled in otherwise your account will not be active.

When done with that, download the app from the download session on the web page or navigate to your Google play store app on your phone and search for ‘DroidVPN‘.

Download and install the app and also download tun.ko installer from same Google play store.

When done with the downloads and installation of the both apps, launch the tun.ko installer app, you will be prompt to allow super user access, click allow and install the Tun Module.

When done with that, launch ‘DroidVPN’ and you will also be prompt to allow super user root access, click allow and input your login details(the email address and password you created on their website earlier).

On the server selection tab which is usually seated on the top right side of the app, select any of the free servers.

Visit the settings option on the DroidVPN app and select settings. Select connection protocol to ICMP, set UDP Port to 500 and save.

Make sure the internet settings on your android phone is set to using APN as blackberry.net.

You can read: How To SetUp Android Phone Internet Settings Using MTN BIS Plan For tutorial on how to do that.

When you are sure of your default internet settings, go back to the droidvpn app and tap the Power Icon which is seated in the middle of the app, you should see a message reading ‘connecting to VPN‘, give it some few seconds and you should see ‘connected‘.

Congratulations, you can now surf freely with your android phone using mtn bis and your money won’t be deducted.

Do not close the app, leave it running in the background. Just press your menu button and continue with whatever you want to do.

Please Note: Free Accounts On DroidVPN are limited to 100MB usage per day hence if you want to lift this limit and surf or download as you like without getting limited, you will need to upgrade your account to a premium account which costs around $4.99 per month.

With the above tutorial, you should be able to install, set up and use DroidVPN on your android phone with MTN BIS, if along the line, your vpn seems not to be connecting again, then you probably have exhausted the daily limit for free accounts.

[easy-share buttons="facebook,twitter,google,pinterest,love" counters=1 counter_pos="right" native="selected" show_fblike="yes"]
Notice: echo_ald_crp is deprecated since version 2.2.0! Use echo_crp() instead. in /home/ngstuden/public_html/techyan.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3828

Need Further Updates Via Email? Please Enter your email address:

Please remember to navigate to your email address and confirm your subscription,Its very important.

About Adeniyi Samuel

Hello! I am Samuel Adeniyi. The guy behind most tutorials on this very blog. I love experimenting with devices and for every device i experiment with, i usually write something about it here for my esteemed readers. You can follow me on twitter via @amsamueladeniyi

Comments

1. kelvin frank says:

Notice: Undefined index: cid in /home/ngstuden/public_html/techyan.com/wp-content/plugins/post-layout/plugin.php on line 46

Droid vpn has happened me alot, cause this service providers are clowns

Don’t you have a solution for those who use only their modem to browse. I spend too much money for my subscription. I only use modem and my pc.

• Notice: Undefined variable: pstl_comments_number in /home/ngstuden/public_html/techyan.com/wp-content/plugins/post-layout/plugin.php on line 43

Get a premium vpn bro and you are good to go.

Do you have an idea of how much it cost and where I can get it. I really need a solution because I’m spending too much for my Etisalat subscription – I subscribe for their 10GB monthly subscription which is N10,000 every month. Please help!

Its usually between 4-12 dollars, you can visit pdproxy or gplusvpn.

I have checked both website but there is still something I don’t understand. After paying them, do I have to still subscribe to MTN Blackbery subscription.

Yes you have to. The VPN is just to power the bis subscription to work on pc or android. Just budget N2500 per month for unlimited browsing on mtn.

But I thought MTN BIS subscription is N1500? I also checked GPlus website and they ask me to pay N500 monthly for unlimited access. I don’t understand how it works.

Subscribe to mtn bis plan, get any vpn of your choice and you are good to go.

3. Ismaila A. Jonathan says:

Droidvpn works well on Android 4.0 or higher phones without rooting.
    But does it only work with BIS plan? Because it doesn’t work with my BBC plan

It works on both bbc and bis plans, i confirmed this myself.

4. Ismaila A. Jonathan says:

Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!

My BBC plan is now going again on 3g on my android after I changed the settings as directed here.
    I love it.

Enjoy yourself pal. 🙂

5. Ismaila A. Jonathan says:

But hw do I do it on pc? Bcus I did it for my manager in office before mtn blocked it two days later. Since then, he has not been able to browse.

I hav also wasted money today to buy etisalat sim and load #500 card on it. I don’t think d trick is working because my bonus is being deducted.

use PDProxy or GplusVPN, they both work on pc with mtn bis but you need to subscribe to a premium account.

• Ismaila A. Jonathan says:

Thanks bro. Bt d pdproxy I downloaded isn’t working . I guess because I didn’t subscribe to a premium account. Bt is dia no other one hat can work as a free user instead of subscribing?

6. Notice: Undefined variable: pstl_comments_number in /home/ngstuden/public_html/techyan.com/wp-content/plugins/post-layout/plugin.php on line 43

nice post bro, thanks for sharing

Am glad you like it.

7. Notice: Undefined variable: pstl_comments_number in /home/ngstuden/public_html/techyan.com/wp-content/plugins/post-layout/plugin.php on line 43

Thanks a lot for the info… Please which vpn are you using to browse on your pc….? Please will sandwich vpn work for me.?

Am currently using PDProxy and a friend is using GplusVPN.

8. Adebayo Bishop Ademola says:

do you know your-freedom android version too works with MTN BIS? you can try it and see.

I couldn’t confirm this because google play store says the version of your-freedom software is not compatible with my android phone.

9. Ismaila A. Jonathan says:

Is dia any other vpn i can use on my pc without subscribing as a premium user?

I dont think any works as such perhaps you can give sandwichvpn a try tho i personally havent used them for a long while now.

• Ismaila A. Jonathan says:

Ok thanks

10. Notice: Undefined variable: pstl_comments_number in /home/ngstuden/public_html/techyan.com/wp-content/plugins/post-layout/plugin.php on line 43

Pls, I can’t change d apn name on my settings, weneva I do dis, my data service goes of!
    I’ve bin really tryn this stuff and followin the processes carefully but to no avail.
    Pls help me out, tosinjones4sale@gmail.com

That could be a problem with your modem, try getting another.

Bt I’m nt using a moderm, m using an adriod fone, HTC inspire4g,
        Weneva I change d apn to blackberry.net my data service js goes off

Use a modem buddy, its more recommended. Its either you do not have an active bis or its issues with your network perhaps you could try it at night when the network is a little more stable.

Sowi bt pls hw m I suppose 2 use a modem wit a fone?

Ooophs! sorry i miss interpreted you. Kindly use apn as blackberry.net and if network is lost, toggle between 2g(edge) and 3G, one of them should provide network pal.

I knw d mtn apn is web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
            Bt if I change it to. Blackberry.net my data service refuses to on and I will no longer b able to browse!
            Is dere any remedy 4 dis

Are you sure you have an active bis because mine still works very well. You can use airtel if mtn does not work for you.

11. Notice: Undefined variable: pstl_comments_number in /home/ngstuden/public_html/techyan.com/wp-content/plugins/post-layout/plugin.php on line 43

thx 4 ur info u hv being sharing God will increase ur skills. i hv installed Droidvpn in my phone Tecno D5 any tym want to connect is saying invalid username and password pls can u help me out

That’s simple to diagonize pal. Did you create an account using your right email address on the droidvpn website?

12. Notice: Undefined variable: pstl_comments_number in /home/ngstuden/public_html/techyan.com/wp-content/plugins/post-layout/plugin.php on line 43

with a premium vpn like pd proxy or hma………….will mtn bis be unlimited on pc

Well, not totally unlimited, depending on what mtn gives you as the limit for your subscription but i would advise using the daily plan.

a daily plan with vpn is unlimited ?

No it isnt, tho rumors have it to be around 2GB for the daily plan.

• Ismaila Jonathan says:

haba! how can it be 2gb? what then will be for monthly plan?

Go give it a try buddy, like i said, rumors have it to be around 2GB and the last time i used it, i watched loads of videos before it suddenly stopped working because i reached my fair usage.

13. Notice: Undefined variable: pstl_comments_number in /home/ngstuden/public_html/techyan.com/wp-content/plugins/post-layout/plugin.php on line 43

how can i configure Tecno Q1 to enable me browse the internet using mtn line

Just use the normal mtn settings buddy, you can refer to http://www.trueinternetworld.net/2013/05/how-to-setup-android-phone-internet-settings-using-mtn-bis-plan.html but remember to use web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net as the apn.

I don’t understand your question. is it how to browse normally or how to use d bis on your android?

well, when you insert your sim and power your phone, the normal apn/settings of each network is loaded automatically with the associated sim. so there is no need for any setings again.

ALL u need to do is set ‘data connection’ on your phone to mtn. follow the steps:
      go to settings (u wil see a symbol of wheel)
      select ‘sim management’
      scroll down to ‘data connection’ and select it
      now select d mtn

to enable 3G
      from ‘sim management’
      scroll down and select ‘3G service’
      then select d sim to eneble 3G

I also use tecno q1

14. chika ogbonna says:

man,thanks for all the info,but i followed every step here but when connecting my droidvpn it a
    says connection timeout pls help me i’m on monthly plan(BiS>1500)

Sorry buddy, the trick has been blocked.